Your shopping cart is empty!
Over time, wooden furniture can lose its sheen if it is not cared for properly.
On encountering any issues with our wooden furniture, we can use simple home remedies
to try and solve the issues on our own.
1) Vinegar and iodine – A mix of vinegar and iodine (which turns brown) can be used to hide scratches in wood surfaces. We need to adjust the iodine concentration till it reaches the colour of the wood. Vinegar helps hide scratches on wooden furniture and also removes water ring marks.
2) Petroleum jelly – For water ring marks on wooden furniture, apply petroleum jelly and let it sit overnight. The next morning, the watermark can be wiped away with the jelly.
3) Vinegar and olive oil – When wet glasses are placed on wooden furniture, they can sometimes form rings which can be difficult to remove. These can be removed by rubbing with a mixture of equal parts of white distilled vinegar and olive oil.
4) Hair dryer - To remove candle wax spills from wooden furniture, we first need to soften the wax with a hairdryer set to medium heat. When the wax starts to melt, we can wipe it off with a soft cloth. Next, wipe the area with a mild vinegar solution and polish as normal.
5) Beer – Old beer which has gone flat can be used to clean wood furniture. Beer can be poured on to a soft cloth and then the surface can be wiped with this cloth.
6) Shoe polish - For a light scratch that changes the colour of the wood, with a cotton swab, apply a paste of shoe polish that matches the finish.